This is a sample of my work curated for the National Brain Tumor Society. I’ve included samples of:
- Content Marketing
- Fundraising Campaign
- Email Marketing
- Advocacy Campaign
- Resource Center Development
Content Marketing: American Migraine Foundation
Rewrite an existing webpage to become a pillar page for migraine that serves as an entry point to the American Migraine Foundation’s website and improves search results.
Historically, the American Migraine Foundation has lost out on top search rankings for migraine to medical organizations like the Mayo Clinic. We needed a pillar page to start building up our authority on migraine to improve search results. I wrote the page to transform it into a pillar page using best practices.
- Increased page traffic more than 1500% month-over-month the first month after publication and more than 100% in each month after
- Decreased exit rate by 13%
- Page is now the second Google result for “what is migraine” and the sixth result for “migraine”
Fundraising Campaign: American Brain Foundation
Create a fundraising campaign, including direct mail letter (with five variants), email and social media.
The American Brain Foundation runs quarterly appeals featuring patient stories. For this campaign, I interviewed the patient, wrote the print letter, and edited the email and social media posts written by the Associate Content Strategist.
- Campaign launched this week, but the client had minimal edits on the letter, email and social; and the patient featured loved it
Email Marketing: American Migraine Foundation
Develop an email campaign aimed at re-engaging American Migraine Foundation contacts who hadn’t opened at email in at least 12 months.
A large percentage of the American Migraine Foundation’s contacts were considered unengaged, which was dragging down the overall open rate of the organization’s emails. We removed the unengaged contacts from the list, and I spearheaded the development of a drip email campaign focused on winning back those contacts.
- Won back nearly 2,000 contacts (more than 10% of the total unengaged contacts) in the first month of the campaign
- Removing inactive contacts also improved open and clicks rates for other organization emails
Advocacy Campaign: Healthy Schools Campaign
Create an advocacy campaign to oppose a bill reducing Illinois’ commitment to physical education.
The state of Illinois was considering a bill to weaken the physical education requirements in schools, so we developed an advocacy campaign to get Illinois residents to write letters to their elected officials. I developed the content and overall strategy for this landing page.
- More than 1,000 people submitted letters
- 30% conversion rate for visitors from Illinois
Resource Center Development: Healthy Schools Campaign
Create a collection of resources for specific stakeholders that can be shared and serve as an entry point to the organization’s work.
Healthy Schools Campaign communicates with a wide range of audiences who have different levels of understand and even different terminology for the issues we work on. I used a custom post type and taxonomies in the backend of our WordPress website to organize our resources into curated collections for specific stakeholders.
- New homebase for several key audiences, including school stakeholders and state education officials
- Worked directly with the President + CEO on this project and provided her with pages I know she shares on a regular basis