Healthy Schools Campaign Website Redesign
Create a website that is a practical, go-to resource for people involved in Healthy Schools Campaign programs.
The Healthy Schools Campaign website was built on a platform that was hard to use, and staff could not update many content areas of the website. A web development firm was hired to design the site, and I provided overall content strategy.
- Create a curated homepage that is easier for website visitors to navigate.
- Rethink the top-level nagivation to better reflect the organization’s work and priorities and match that navigation to several dropdown menus on the site to provide a consistent user experience.
- Create a Resource Center where stakeholders can easily access resources.
- In the first month after launch:
- Time on site increased 35.34%
- Pages/session increased 14.17%
- Bounce rate decreased 6.31%
- Events page pageviews increased 125% in the first six months after launch
Parents United Rebranding
Refresh the Parents United for Healthy Schools brand for its 10th anniversary.
Parents United was gearing up to celebrate 10 years and wanted to refresh the branding and messaging to better reflect the group and inspire giving around the anniversary. We also wanted to create a better hierarchy within the Healthy Schools Campaign branding to clearly identify Parents United as an HSC program.
- I led a brand exercise in which program staff identified brand characteristics using a brand deck.
- I then developed key messages based on those characteristics and worked with our Creative Director to fine-tune a new wordmark, colors and design elements.
- I presented the updated branding concepts to a group of parent leaders to get feedback.
- The giving campaign at our annual luncheon raised the most at-event funds of any luncheon we’ve hosted.
- The updated branding re-energized parent leaders and created a sense of ownership over the brand and the program.
Illinois PE Advocacy Campaign Landing Page
Create a landing page for an advocacy campaign targeted at Illinois audience.
The state of Illinois was considering a bill to weaken the physical education requirements in schools, so we developed an advocacy campaign to get Illinois residents to write letters to their elected officials. I developed the content and overall strategy for this landing page.
- Because physical education is an issue our audience is very familiar with, I knew we didn’t need to provide a ton of background information. I included the CTA early on in the page.
- However, I knew that not everyone landing on this page would be from our audience, so I included background information under that first CTA.
- During the campaign, the landing page was the most-visited page on our website.
- The conversion rate was 30% for visitors from Illinois.